Need idler pulley on 38' deck on a 4514 mower.

Little General

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 15 years I have to replace the idler pulley on my mower deck. The model number is gone and my local dealer can't even find the decks in his books. I read where one member split the pulley and replaced the bearing. I may try that but instead of bolting it back I may spot weld it. I would rather find a new one if its reasonably priced. Any ideas?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
After 15 years I have to replace the idler pulley on my mower deck. The model number is gone and my local dealer can't even find the decks in his books. I read where one member split the pulley and replaced the bearing. I may try that but instead of bolting it back I may spot weld it. I would rather find a new one if its reasonably priced. Any ideas?

You can probably go to a pulley shop (they exist) my local one specializes in bearings and pulleys I've taken them pulleys before they measure it and brought me one that works :)

Little General

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found an exact fit pulley at NAPA for $10 and a new belt for $12, thou now when I disengage clutch sound like all hell is breaking loose.