Need idler pulley for Honda rototiller

UncleWray

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20? Year old Honda 750 tiller. A beautiful machine, but the bearings in the tensioner pulley for the drive belt. seized up. So I need one of these:

Honda 22465-777-003 Roller Tensioner part 5 in diagram​

I’ve looked at several dozen online parts stores and the parts diagrams all say IMG_2875.pngroughly “no longer in production”. Ordered several from smaller engine repair places hoping for NOS, Amazon, eBay and etc, They decide they dont have it/can’t get it and let me know that after a month.

Emailed Honda & they wouldn’t help but said see your local dealer. There’s only one within driving distance & they only do parts as a sideline and don’t stock much, I’ll drive over and try but I’m not hopeful they can come up with an alternative. Last time I had to special order parts which turned out to be wrong

The pulley is stuck on it’s shaft — I can get it off with my oxy torch, but didn’t want to damage it until I have a plan

I could drill the spot welds out and see if I can find a matching bearing set. But then I have to figure out how to put it back together & bearings may not like welding/brazing going on.

I thought somebody might have an idea on how to repair or for an online vendor who could look at a dimensioned sketch and suggest another part. I have a small lathe but am not good at making stuff like this

All thoughts appreciated!