Engine Need Help

wildbill

Threads
I posted a similar post 'bout 2 weeks ago, here tis again:
1997, Scagg Turf Tiger, 25 HP Kohler CH25S. It was a basket case so to speak. Per the customer, the mower lost power, they found the left side exhaust not hot, pulled the head, found a rocker arm bolt had broken. They bought a new head and parts, and brought it to me.
- All parts installed, checked for correct operation, all seemed good.
- Fired it up, ran super for about 2 minutes, then lost power. Left side was not firing.
- Ohm the Ign Module, one leg open. Replaced the Ignition Module, air gap @ .012".
- Fired it up again, left side missing. Spark test revealed left side inconsistent fire to left side, would arc a good 1/4" or more but it was not steady like the right side. The right side was good.
- Its getting fuel, carburetor was cleaned, fuel pump works,
- Did the wire connection checks, did the kill wire removal test, so I assumed the SAM had to be bad.
- Replaced the SAM, same problem exists.
One note: The instruction paper with the new SAM had 3 different ways it could be wire up, including the purchase of a additional wiring harness, and all of them depended on the part numbers on/for the old SAM. PROBLEM, the old SAM has no numbers on it. So, I connected the new SAM up just like the old one was connected..... and that was one of the options.
I am at a loss. Anybody out there?