Need help with Ryobi 480e that won't power on

Darrylz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m trying to solve similar problem. We had a daytime storm this week and mower was plugged in with power outage, the next day the mower charge port light was blinking green and mower will not turn on. The relay is not getting any 12v power, I hooked up battery to it and the relay works and mower turns on if apply 12v to the white leads on the relay. Battery voltage is 52v, I can get voltage at the relay. The small fuse is also fine and I’ve tried replacing it at the dc converter. Could it be the charge port?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
We had a daytime storm this week and mower was plugged in with power outage, the next day the mower charge port light was blinking green and mower will not turn on.
You need a main panel (whole house) surge suppressor. And suppressors at every outlet. Look at your power strips. Some lack surge suppression. Toss them out. Also your outdoor condenser unit (compressor) HVAC deal needs one too. As well as a ground rod AT the condenser unit grounding the suppressor and condenser to Earth ground.

Darrylz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I plan to install one now for the house thanks. I'm working with Ryobi to diagnose. I am not getting any 48v at the plug leading into the dc-dc converter nor am I getting 12v output. I removed and made some jumper wires directly to the battery Anderson plug where there is 48v. I'm not getting any 12v output out of the dc-dc converter. See the attached diagram ryobi provided for diagnosing the dc-dc converter. DC converter.png

Last edited:

Fugi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I plan to install one now for the house thanks. I'm working with Ryobi to diagnose. I am not getting any 48v at the plug leading into the dc-dc converter nor am I getting 12v output. I removed and made some jumper wires directly to the battery Anderson plug where there is 48v. I'm not getting any 12v output out of the dc-dc converter. See the attached diagram ryobi provided for diagnosing the dc-dc converter. View attachment 65818
Can you share how you are working with Ryobi? Calling them and diagnosing over the phone? I tried to contact them over email and it has been 20 days and 3 follow-ups with no response from Ryobi... Honlesty i'd buy the fing 80v zero turn but their complete radio silence on support has me looking as a Scag or something instead....

Darrylz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you share how you are working with Ryobi? Calling them and diagnosing over the phone? I tried to contact them over email and it has been 20 days and 3 follow-ups with no response from Ryobi... Honlesty i'd buy the fing 80v zero turn but their complete radio silence on support has me looking as a Scag or something instead....
I called their main support line. Then got through to a guy who didn’t know anything about riding mowers so he put me through to very knowledgeable woman. Took about an hour to get through, she emailed me these directions as I was on the phone. I then did the test and found my dc-dc converter not working. So I emailed her the results that it’s defective, she replied back quickly saying they will ship me a new part as I’m under warranty still. Hopefully can get the part in the next week or so.