Export thread

Need help on a Walbro 5-4993 teardown and rebuild...

sillyboy

sillyboy

Hello all. I need directions on taking apart a Walbro 5-4993 and putting it back together. I am replacing the needle valve, etc. I got the carb. off, but can't figure out how to get the bowl off. Tried to unscrew it, but, well you know it just kept turning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Merry Christmas

I

ILENGINE

The nut or afterfire solenoid should unscrew and then the bowl will come off. If you have a afterfire solenoid you will have to modify a 1/2 inch wrench to remove the solenoid. Be aware that briggs has removed the nozzle from the carb repair kit and may not be available for replacement. So if you screw up the nozzle removing it you will have to replace the carb.

sillyboy

sillyboy

The nut or afterfire solenoid should unscrew and then the bowl will come off. If you have a afterfire solenoid you will have to modify a 1/2 inch wrench to remove the solenoid. Be aware that briggs has removed the nozzle from the carb repair kit and may not be available for replacement. So if you screw up the nozzle removing it you will have to replace the carb.

I got the solenoid off, and the bowl, with no trouble. I have a set of thin wrenches. What is the nozzle?

Thanks

I

ILENGINE

the nozzle is the brass thing up inside the center post on the bottom of the carb. Unscews with a screwdriver. Sometimes if gas has set in them for awhile it will not unscrew without damaging the head and then the only way to remove is to drill and easy out. I had one about 3 weeks ago that wouldn't come out and the briggs breakdown shows 2 different nozzles depending on LMT number on the carb. The problem is the LMT number is not there. One of the nozzles that they list is no longer available and you have to replace the carb. The funny thing is the replacement carb uses the nozzle that is no longer available.

A

Armadillo

Hi,
I am responding to request the model number and type of your engine, please. I have a mower with a 12hp B&S engine. Someone removed the plate that had the model number, for some reason. I am unable to find any evidence elsewhere on the engine but I have a Walbro LMT 5-4993-Z carb on it. If you don't mind sharing, I could just give them the model number of your and they may be able to cross check the carb for me. Thanks in advance Dillo

sillyboy

sillyboy

Hi,
I am responding to request the model number and type of your engine, please. I have a mower with a 12hp B&S engine. Someone removed the plate that had the model number, for some reason. I am unable to find any evidence elsewhere on the engine but I have a Walbro LMT 5-4993-Z carb on it. If you don't mind sharing, I could just give them the model number of your and they may be able to cross check the carb for me. Thanks in advance Dillo

Hello

I have a 15.5 HP Turbo Cool B and S...
Model: 28N707
Type: 0173-01
Code: 960930ZD

If this helps, there ya go.