need help desperately!

wildandwonderful

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna zero turn that due to weather destroying my shed has been outside for roughly 2 months. I put all new gas in it and tried to start it it made a sound a couple times like it was trying to turn over. I let it set for a couple minutes and now all it will do is make a click sound and the top of the motor that spins appears like it wont turn. I can turn it by hand but the ignition wont turn it. Could it be seized up? Please help! Thanks

Schmiedl

Threads
Sounds like a dead battery... Try jumping it off with you car.

wildandwonderful

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried jumping it and my cables got hot and started smoking... So i stopped of course they are small jumper cables and my truck is a diesel... Do you think those two factors could cause tge smoke? If so i can buy bigger cables... Thanks for your help by the way.

Schmiedl

Threads
Ok, sounds like a battery or starter issue to me. Did you let it charge at all? Hook the jumper cables up and just let it run for a while without cranking it, this could also be a good time to invest in a battery charger. Also check the connections all around make sure there is no corrosion if there is any clean it off. Try that and we'll go from there.