Export thread

My PineStraw Rake Video

jekjr

jekjr

Here is some video of my Pinestraw rake mounted on the front of my Craftsman Tractor.

PineStraw Rake Discussed video - YouTube

exotion

exotion

Cool works good

Mike88se

Mike88se

Looks really good. I love seeing built stuff like this. What do you think about attaching two brackets with wheels to the rake to follow the contours of the ground so you don't have to use that rope to keep the tines from catching on unlevel ground? Kinda like anti-scalping wheels on a mower.

jekjr

jekjr

Looks really good. I love seeing built stuff like this. What do you think about attaching two brackets with wheels to the rake to follow the contours of the ground so you don't have to use that rope to keep the tines from catching on unlevel ground? Kinda like anti-scalping wheels on a mower.

Might work The problem I have with getting height right is not leaving enough down pressure and it riding up and going over the straw. When it starts doing that I raise it and back up and let it back down and proceed.

Mike88se

Mike88se

Okay, I must have misunderstood what you said in the video. I thought the tines were bottoming out on uneven ground and digging in. Maybe something with detentes would help with the problem you're talking about. Or weights ;)
Might work The problem I have with getting height right is not leaving enough down pressure and it riding up and going over the straw. When it starts doing that I raise it and back up and let it back down and proceed.

jekjr

jekjr

Okay, I must have misunderstood what you said in the video. I thought the tines were bottoming out on uneven ground and digging in. Maybe something with detentes would help with the problem you're talking about. Or weights ;)

Rollers might be a good idea. It is definitely heavy enough. When working uneven ground I normally just hold the loop in my fingers and that way I can lighten slightly up if need be. Unless the ground is very soft it really does not bite into the ground. What it will do though is go deep enough that it pushes up a layer that is too deep. That puts in dirt.

I have ordered a tow behind pinwheel rake from Northern also. It is 5' wide and should windrow the straw great. Then I will take this rake and push those windrows up into piles. The reason for piles is to not have to be constantly pulling the baler forward.