My Kohler 22HP engine when set over night will no start without applying pressure to

burlovgolf@yahoo.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / My Kohler 22HP engine when set over night will no start without applying pressure to
My Kohler 22 HP will not start after setting overnite without applying pressure to gas tank. I replaced fuel pump with one off my other Cub Cadet. Still same problem. Checked solenoid- good. Carburetor bowl was full of gas. Still same problem. Incidentally tractor runs fine once started. What appears to be the problem.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / My Kohler 22HP engine when set over night will no start without applying pressure to
It's the fuel tank's job to supply fuel to the fuel pump so it can supply fuel to the carburetor. It's the carburetor's job to provide the correct fuel/air mixture to the engine so it can start and run.

Looks to me like the carburetor is the culprit.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the choke closing fully?

Burlovgolf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the choke closing fully?

YOU WERE absolutely right. Iadjusted the choke and it started right up . Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad to hear it!!!