My IS3000 first time out

Nightwind15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today I mowed six acres with my IS 3100 Z with the 37 H.P. Kawasaki Engine and 61" cut. Before i got started I went to the grocery store and bought a spray can of PAM non stick spray and coated the underside of the deck. This thing is a cutting monster. There were several sections of my yard that prior to getting this mower I had to slow down to about two miles an hour due to sunken water line and other rough issues. The Ferris went over them with little regard. Nothing bogged the mower in the least. I am sold on my purchase and look forward to the next trip our with it.

I washed and clean it up before putting it away the grass under the deck was minimal. Has anyone else tried this??

I

Nightwind15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: My IS3000 first time out This should read IS 3100 Z

my model number:laughing:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

my model number:laughing:

I've heard that spraying PAM on decks is an urban legend. I tried several products by a company called ZEPLON that was purported to be a teflon-based "dry lubricant" on my previous Craftsman lawn tractor's deck when it was brand new.....worked for a while but no joy:0(
To use "real teflon" you need to have a contract with Dupont as a Licensed Industrial Applicator(costs major $$$). Yeah, it seems like they would have come out with mower decks with a teflon coating(or maybe Emron....airplane paint) where grass dirt simply would not adhere but alas that's not a priority(or expense that could feasibly be passed on to the consumer) by ZTR manufacturers. I think you'll find that the PAM doesn't protect against buildup after a few sprays:0(

Nightwind15

Forum Newbie
Threads

I took the mower out again today to trim up along the back of the property. Thirty minutes before dark I stopped and cleaned the mower up again. Took the garden hose and sprayed the deck clean again. I will likely re-coat the underside after the next mowing. So far this is working for me.
The Ferris is without a doubt the finest mower I have ever owned.
Steve

I've heard that spraying PAM on decks is an urban legend. I tried several products by a company called ZEPLON that was purported to be a teflon-based "dry lubricant" on my previous Craftsman lawn tractor's deck when it was brand new.....worked for a while but no joy:0(
To use "real teflon" you need to have a contract with Dupont as a Licensed Industrial Applicator(costs major $$$). Yeah, it seems like they would have come out with mower decks with a teflon coating(or maybe Emron....airplane paint) where grass dirt simply would not adhere but alas that's not a priority(or expense that could feasibly be passed on to the consumer) by ZTR manufacturers. I think you'll find that the PAM doesn't protect against buildup after a few sprays:0(