My First Tecumseh

trey1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning All,
Thank you for allowing me to join your Website. I recently inherited an old Mighty Mite garden tractor that has been repowered with a Tecumseh OH140. Unfortunately, this Guy has not run in quite a while. Most of the electrical connections have rusted away, so I'm basically starting from scratch. I'm just not sure which wire would be my Ground going to the key switch. Don't want this Guy to start and I can't shut off. There is a (2)wire harness coming out of the motor near the flywheel. Not sure where if goes. 1 wire (RED) is larger in diameter than the other. This one showing high volts when cranking. The other showing less than (1) volt when cranking. Trying to describe as best I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Trey

dougand3

Threads
Welcome. Full Model #s of tractor and engine are needed. Pics of tractor, engine and wiring will help greatly.

trey1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome. Full Model #s of tractor and engine are needed. Pics of tractor, engine and wiring will help greatly.
The engine #'s are:

OH140 160033G
serial 0122E

The tractor is a 1948 Mighty Mite, which was originally powered by a Briggs ZZ motor.

Trey