mtd deck adjustment

gts1250

Threads
I have a mtd 136m667f118 14.5/38in riding mower. my deck is tilting towards up in the front hitting the lower engine pulley when the deck is in the highest blade off position. Is there a spring or some adjustment that holds the back part of the deck up and level..I can lift the back of the deck about an inch in the back and everything is level and the deck does not hit the pulley. It seems that the adjustable lift link is unbalanced and bias towards the front no matter if I adjust the link up or down.

jsm0960

Threads
Have you tried adjusting the rod at the front of the deck? There should be a lock nut and another nut behind it. It's a 3/4" socket. Crack the lock nut loose and loosen them up. Then lock them back down. This will lower the front of the deck.

gts1250

Threads
Have you tried adjusting the rod at the front of the deck? There should be a lock nut and another nut behind it. It's a 3/4" socket. Crack the lock nut loose and loosen them up. Then lock them back down. This will lower the front of the deck.
Thanks, But there is no rod nor 3/4 nut any where on the front of the deck,, The adjustable lift link is the only thing close to that but as I mentioned. that seems to be bias towards the back whether I raise or lower it with no effect to swing the deck back away the the spinning engine pulley

gts1250

Threads
ended up welding a nut on the front of the deck and double nutted the top to act as a stop prevent the front to come in contact with the engine pulley.. I did see the exact same problem with pictures on a 42inch deck go unanswered by 3 tech's, costing the user $37 in the GET ANSWERS forum, very strange,,