Mower won't start

Randomguy

Threads
I have a Husqvarna yth18542 tractor mower that won't start. I recently had someone work on it and got it back running from sitting up last year due to me not having time to mess with it. I changed the battery out the next day and it cut off on me after a few minutes of riding around. Now when you turn the key it just clicks. I changed the fuel solenoid and starter solenoid and it still won't start. Any suggestions on what to try or test would be great.

Product #960450059
Serial #090617A002434

Randomguy

Threads
I have a Husqvarna yth18542 tractor mower that won't start. I recently had someone work on it and got it back running from sitting up last year due to me not having time to mess with it. I changed the battery out the next day and it cut off on me after a few minutes of riding around. Now when you turn the key it just clicks. I changed the fuel solenoid and starter solenoid and it still won't start. Any suggestions on what to try or test would be great.

Product #960450059
Serial #090617A002434
Also it has plenty of gas and oil, new spark plug, air filter and fuel filter.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start with something simple. Hopefully you have a volt meter. Attach the meter across the battery and observe the meter reading. Should be a minimum of 12.6DCV if fully charged. If not fully charged, attach a battery charger to fully charge the battery. Next try to start the unit, watching the meter. If the reading drops below 10.6DCV your battery is bad and needs to be replaced. If you have no meter or charger take the battery to an auto parts store and have them do a load test on the battery. If you need to replace the battery make sure to get one with a minimum of 325 CCA.

Randomguy

Threads
Start with something simple. Hopefully you have a volt meter. Attach the meter across the battery and observe the meter reading. Should be a minimum of 12.6DCV if fully charged. If not fully charged, attach a battery charger to fully charge the battery. Next try to start the unit, watching the meter. If the reading drops below 10.6DCV your battery is bad and needs to be replaced. If you have no meter or charger take the battery to an auto parts store and have them do a load test on the battery. If you need to replace the battery make sure to get one with a minimum of 325 CCA.
New battery was installed as was stated in my original post. It tested at 12.6 volts

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you read my entire post? Your next step is to do a voltage drop test. First rule when you do electrical troubleshooting; NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, CHECK EVERYTHING TWICE.