Mower won’t start easily

dennis morris

Threads
Working on a Briggs and Stratton engine model number 125K02-0658-E1

I replaced the carb, and fuel line, I can get it to start but man it’s a bear.
Attached is a photo,
I’d appreciate any advice on any adjustments I could
To get this thing to start easier?
check and see if the kill cable is not stretched and barely letting the kill wire touch and did u replace the 0 ring on the carb? and check the manifold see if its loose or has a bad gasket DENNY

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
sounds like the primer isn't working as it should be, this video was made by a member on here, might give you a bit of info on the primer system,
Whenever you press the primer, you should see gas shoot up from the main jet, which can be seen in your photo, the brass piece piece sticking up in the middle of the carb. Most quantums say to Prime it 3 times.
I’ll look into that. This is a problem I’ve had before. New carb, just struggles to start and I don’t know why, there has to be some mistake I’m making consistently because this happens 30% of the time?
This video is in error to the extent that gas is not pushed by the primer bulb. It presureizes the bowl over gas chamber to push down on the gas in the bowl to push the gas up the main jet tube and into the carb throat.

rogerru

Threads
Working on a Briggs and Stratton engine model number 125K02-0658-E1

I replaced the carb, and fuel line, I can get it to start but man it’s a bear.
Attached is a photo,
I’d appreciate any advice on any adjustments I could
To get this thing to start easier?
see if it tries start easy on a squirt of starting fluid. that will help determine if it's a fire or fuel issue. if it fires immediately, sounds like a fuel thing. is there an inline fuel filter? pull the fuel line before the carb to see if you have a full/stead flow. that one may have a fuel pump mounted on the engine. if so, pull the line after the pump and crank the engine to see if it's working. if all this is good,you may have to move the the electrical part.

Bellcrank

Threads
I always pull the plug and check for bent crankshaft or blade first thing. Either can damage the flywheel key. Over tightening the air box to carb warps the air box. With air box off you can drip a little oil in primer exit hole of the air box and push primer to test air flow. Also use a vacuum hose to push air into primer hole on carb to test fuel flow into venturi. These plastic intake tubes do crack or break. Small valve gap or worn cylinder cause very hard start. To test squirt oil into cylinder and try to start. If engine starts pull head and check cylinder and valves.

MowManMow

Threads
I'd be leaning to a valve adjustment or weak fire if it starts hard after starting fluid still.
Fwiw- Always try to buy starting fluid with oil mixed in it for small engines.