Mower not starting

rlmckeegan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, new here and found this site while trying to diagnose the issue I am having with my mower.

I have a LawnBoy mower with a 149cc Kohler motor on it and it just stopped running the other day. I was working late, so my wife decided she wanted to start mowing until I got home to finish it. Anyway to make a long story short, in the middle of her mowing it just died. She thought it was out of gas and added more, but it still wouldn't start. When I got home I looked at it and found that the diaphragm for the auto choke was broken. I have replaced that part and still not getting any fuel to the motor it seems. Checked the spark plug and its getting fire, pulled the fuel hoses and don't see any problem there as the bowl on the carb fills up with no problems. I taken the carb off just to see if I could tell if anything was wrong, but it looked good.

I plan to clean it tomorrow morning with some cleaner and see if I can blow it out, but just in case I don't get any results just wanted to see if there could be another reason it will not even turn over. Its just strange that it was running fine, and then in the middle of mowing it just stops and now can't even get it to crank at all. I'm running out of ideas on what it could be besides the carb, so if I clean it tomorrow and still can't get it to turn over what should i look for next?

Any help would be appreciated.