Mower Jack

wrldtvlr

Threads
Thought I might share my recent experience with a mower jack. Needed to change the blades on my RTZ and wasn't particularly looking to drop the deck. Did lots of looking about and came down to either the Jungle Jack or the Cub Cadet HTL550. Jungle Jack is strictly mechanical leverage. HTL550 has a bottle jack. The HTL550 is now sold by MoJack and painted black, but otherwise appears to be the same as the Cadet version. It was $50 cheaper than the Jungle Jack and appears to lift a bit higher, so I stopped by my local TSC and picked one up.

As advertised, no assembly required. Just set the wheel spacing and thread the safety straps. There's a built in safety bar with three stops, so not strictly necessary to use backup jack stands. The first stop was more than enough height to get under it with a 12" electric impact wrench. Folds up flat so storage against a wall doesn't take a lot of floor space.
j1.jpgj2.jpg

Mower King

Threads
Thought I might share my recent experience with a mower jack. Needed to change the blades on my RTZ and wasn't particularly looking to drop the deck. Did lots of looking about and came down to either the Jungle Jack or the Cub Cadet HTL550. Jungle Jack is strictly mechanical leverage. HTL550 has a bottle jack. The HTL550 is now sold by MoJack and painted black, but otherwise appears to be the same as the Cadet version. It was $50 cheaper than the Jungle Jack and appears to lift a bit higher, so I stopped by my local TSC and picked one up.

As advertised, no assembly required. Just set the wheel spacing and thread the safety straps. There's a built in safety bar with three stops, so not strictly necessary to use backup jack stands. The first stop was more than enough height to get under it with a 12" electric impact wrench. Folds up flat so storage against a wall doesn't take a lot of floor space.
View attachment 53592View attachment 53593
I'm sorry but, IMO, anyone who gets under a mower, car, truck, or whatever WITHOUT using jack stands.....is just asking for a shorter life span! I don't care how many safety bars a lift has....it can still tilt, roll, slide,.....earthquake! SMH

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most all the commercial guys around here take their Z's and lower the ramp to their trailer and drive up the ramp with only one front wheel barely on the ramp to change blades. Looks sketchy as heck but one guy showed me how hard it was to try and move the mower with the engine off and the brake on.

CMB1

Threads
I'm about ready to order a Cat Mower Jack that lifts from the side, instead of the front. Folds flat + two locking safety bars.

wrldtvlr

Threads
I'm about ready to order a Cat Mower Jack that lifts from the side, instead of the front. Folds flat + two locking safety bars.
Please post a photo if you get one. Would like to see it.