Mower help

JGraham92

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna with a kohler courage 21. It will run for a sec with full choke but then it dies I can mess with the choke manually to keep it going but it just sputters and never smoothed out. Any idea what the problem could be? The carb is clean as a whistle and it gets plenty of fuel.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would say check spark and compression will help with your diagnosis.

But to me personally sounds like your carb is not as clean as you think. All those tiny channels and valves you cannot see can easily suck in some tiny gunk and cause sputtering and only choke running. When you choke the engine your closing off the air intake which allows more gas into the chamber and less air. So if it runs like that its either not getting enough fuel or to much air (gasket leaks)

gfp55

Threads
I agree with exotion, sounds like a carb problem to me also. Did you clean out the super small holes in the venturi with carb cleaner and a fine wire? You may have missed some passages.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
if it has one make sure the fuel solenoid is working properly and not sticking. It should click when the key is turned on and off.