Mower clutch not engaging

Calico

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a used Craftsman ZTS 6000 zero turn mower and it cut great first time I cut. a week later when I tried engaging blades there was a clicking sound like a relay making but the clutch never engaged with drive shaft. yes, the safety features were all in place and the belt in place properly, etc. All three blades will spin freely by hand with mower off, so no obstruction below deck. I checked all wire at connectors and no apparent corrosion. New battery, etc. It clicks every time I pull the engage switch, so apparently the switch is okay as well. Does this mean I will have to replace the electric clutch? or could something else be the cause? thanks in advance for any help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get somebody to sit on the seat and with the engine off engage the pto and find out where the clicking is coming from. If the clutch is clicking then try to turn the blades by hand, just remember that the engine is not running. You could also remove the deck belt and try to turn the pto pulley and see if it tries to turn the engine. With the engine running I don't think you would hear a relay clicking so I am leaning more toward the clutch engaging but not turning the blades.