Export thread

Mower blades wont fully engage!!

T

tsunami

Well last week I was cutting my lawn and sometime in between my first pass on my front lawn the blades just wouldn't cut. When engaged the blades would just spin but wouldnt cut. When activating the blades no regular low pitch sound came from the mower which made me curious.

A couple of friends said to check my pulley but to begin with I don't know where the blades pulley is??? I have a 38" 12.5hp Weed Eater. It's my first mower purchase and got it for $200 bucks off a guy. Runs great, but this is my first problem after a few cuts. Any help would be great thank you guys!

R

Rivets

Sounds like a broken belt. Do you have an electric PTO switch or a manual engagement lever?

T

tsunami

It's a manual engage. But the Blades seem to still spin. They just don't spin as fast? I don't know. Thank you for helping. So check all the belts?

R

Rivets

With the unit off engage the blades. The belt should be tight. Sounds like one of the belts might have jumped off a pulley.

T

tsunami

Definitely not right anymore. How do I go about tightening the belts? Or fixing the problem

R

Rivets

If they are not tight then either they have jumped off a pulley or the tensioner spring is broke or missing. The spring is on the arm which moves when you engage the blades.