Moving to new home with 70x170 lot...

pbc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,

First post. I currently live in a house with a 42x110' lot, with a large deck in the backyard taking up all but about 15x40 feet of it. I've been a faithful user of a Black& Decker CMM1200 for years (maybe 5-7?), replaced the battery just over a year ago.

I am moving to a larger house that will have a 70x170 lot or so, and I'd imagine it translates into around 7-8,000 sqft of grass (no inclines though). I loathe the thought of going to a gas mower and trimmer after so many years of the CMM1200 and B&D 18v trimmer. However, even with my current lot I have to mow the lawn every week, and not when it's wet and occasionally still have issues getting through it in one pass (sometimes I'll do the front, then charge the mower while I use the trimmer, then go back and do the back).

I've all but given up on the thought of being able to use a batter powered motor on the new lot next July. But the new Ego Go Power 56v motor had caught my eye and I started wondering if battery powered could in fact manage through a lot that big.

Just curious what people's thoughts are on the mower, and or battery powered in general for a lot this size?

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
The Ego mower should be able to handle your new yard on a single charge of the supplied 56 volt 4 Ah battery w/o a problem. I am able to mow a 6000 sq ft yard with a Greenworks 20" twin blade mower, using just the large battery, which has about 65% the capacity of the Ego battery. So I'd estimate that you'd be able to complete 8000 sq ft with the Ego battery. Worst case you could buy the small Ego 56 volt 2 Ah battery to complete the job, or you could just take a short break, since it only takes 30 minutes to fully recharge the battery. Also, Li-Ion batteries provide full voltage as they run down, unlike lead acid batteries such used on the B&D CMM1200, which slow down as the battery is depleted.

Last edited:

pbc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick reply. I think Home Depot has a display model on sale 100 off as winter is around the corner here . Maybe I will jump on it and use the savings towards another battery or the trimmer which comes with its own 2ah battery.

Hate the thought of Going back to gas..