Modification of Mower... Disconnecting throttle cable and still want to use mower

bb1423

Forum Newbie
I have a craftsman mower with a 6.0 b&s motor... the throttle cable snapped and I want to keep using the mower I took the throttle cable off at the motor but now with the spring off the throttle control it runs but the throttle control shakes forward and shuts the mower off how can I stop that shaking so I don't need the throttle cable with that tight spring on the throttle controls.....
 
I have a craftsman mower with a 6.0 b&s motor... the throttle cable snapped and I want to keep using the mower I took the throttle cable off at the motor but now with the spring off the throttle control it runs but the throttle control shakes forward and shuts the mower off how can I stop that shaking so I don't need the throttle cable with that tight spring on the throttle controls.....

Why don't you just replace the cable?
 
Why don't you just replace the cable?
cant afford it right now and I don't like mowers where I have a throttle handle.. my other mower has the throttle control down on the engine that's what im used to and its what I want to turn this one into... I am eventually going to move this engine to my other frame because the frame its on is rusting away...
 
Back
Top