Model number explanation

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
From the manual itself:

6 numbers, the first four, an options prefix, the last two, a body type, the last letters, an options suffix.

- Numbers one and two: Cutting width ( mine =33")
- Numbers three and four: engine HP (mine =14HP)
- Numbers five and six: Series designation (mine =15)

Suffix letters:

- B: Briggs and Stratton (mine)
- K: Kohler
- V: OHV engine (mine)
- E: Electric start (mine)

So, my model #?

331415BVE

Although it says "SR1433" On the steering column. :wink: (That might mean quickly: Single blade, Rider, 14HP, 33")

So, a Snapper model # 250815B would be:

A 15 series with a 25" cut, 8HP flathead Briggs with manual start only.

THAT will come in handy for those of you looking for parts/restoring!!! Although I think this is only applicable to RER's.

Last edited:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
As a piece of trivia, the turtle's name beside the Snapper logo? SAM.

Stands for: Snapper American Made

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
And to determine year, it's in the CODE. (Briggs & Stratton ONLY)

Here's the de-coding of the CODE numbers:

"CODE 01061201, The code is the manufacturing date and is read as follows (left to right):

01: YEAR

06: MONTH

12: DAY

01: ASSEMBLY LINE AND MANUFACTURING PLANT"

I was mistaken, I used the LAST two digits, when it should be the FIRST two. My SR1433 is a '96.

Woodbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Sr1433 has a kohler engine any way to tell the year?

PEACE.

The Woodbutcher

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Sr1433 has a kohler engine any way to tell the year?

PEACE.

The Woodbutcher

Unfortunately, Kohler has a really cryptic serial number system. You can find the year by taking all the numbers to a Snapper (or Kohler servicing) dealer. You need to know the 'series' as well.

There is no "digits xy are the year" like B&S.........

Sorry.

But in looking at your pics, I'd say it's close to the year of mine. The front tires are off an earlier Snapper, (the white rims gave it away, as did the diamond tread), but not sure if yours is earlier or later. The deck raising system looks different on yours. Mine has arms that bolt to the body and go out BEYOND the battery. (see the pics in the link I posted on your profile page)

But it's close to mine, and THAT'S a '96.

Use this site to get parts - I do! You must enter the model number off the sticker. NOT 'SR1433'. I made that mistake, and you'll get nowhere. It's a six-digit number ending with the three letters "KVE"

Partstree.com

You can get cosmetic as well as mechanical parts of every stripe. Good luck!

Let me know if you need help. I've become quite an expert in a couple weeks! LOL. But, I am no Kohler Guru. Disk drive? I know it...B&S? I'm good. But Kohler? KennyV or CajunCub are your best bet, and it's best to post your engine-specific questions in the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum.

Last edited:

Woodbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for this great info. The Beast has been running well so far this summer but I think it's time for a tune-up and sharpening.