Model 991246 ZT HD 60" Deck/Spindle Problem

Bob175

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yesterday I took delivery of a brand new Gravely ZT HD 60" mower. When I first started using it I thought the deck vibrated a bit too much, but figured brand new it must be like that. After about 1/2 hour of use I could smell something burning. I stopped to check it out and found the left pully guard had a quarter size raised burn mark in the center. I looked underneath the guard and there is a bolt sticking out the top of the spindle that is hitting the guard. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm calling the dealer on Monday.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely, under warranty let Dealer make repairs. Unfortunately Quality Control is not what it used to be. I purchased my 2010 Simplicity Broadmoor from dealer new got it home & had to grease lawn tractor & lube all moving parts. Upper idler arm was cracked & barely hanging on at end of first year. Youngest son & I made repairs, improvements to idler arm assembly, by beefing up assembly.

Bob175

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dealer is pickling up the machine today. It will be repaired under warranty.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like you have a Professional Dealer. Your Dealer & his team went above & beyond to satisfy you the customer. In todays world I would say possibly ten percent of Dealers would do likewise. You Bob175 made a good choice doing business with this Dealer. I would share this experience by completing a survey online in your area & continue doing business with this Dealer.

Last edited: