Model 10600 commercial connecting rod failure

P40Whawk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just had a connecting rod let go on my early1990's Lawn Boy Model 10600 Commercial mower. Looks like one of the needle bearings may have bruised the piston, and the side wall of the crank throw is gouged but piston rings crank bearing surface and cylinder wall appear OK. I can't find new OEM pistons or rings, but some made by "Rotary" may be available. So if you've been there and done this, a couple of questions:
1) Does the 10600 have a "series F" engine and will the primary internal parts for an F fit the 10600?
2) I did find assembly manual for Series F, including torque specs for con rod cap screws and block fasteners. Is this OK for 10600 Commercial?
2) If the piston is bruised (small metal gouge on skirt), must it be replaced?
3) If mower has comparatively low hours (I've owned it since new and only used to trim up after mowing with larger mower) do i really need new rings?
4) Are parts made by "Rotary" OK?
5) I have new con rod with needle bearings on order from Parts Tree. Local Lawn Boy dealer found a note in their factory documents saying to use only 32 needle bearings instead of 33 that come with the part. Does that sound right?
6) What should I use for gasket sealant on block surfaces?
7) And last, i can polish the crank bearing surface with wet sand paper/cloth, and probably file the gouge in the side wall of the crank throw (not the bearing surface, but where a needle bearing came out to the side). Does this sound OK?
Many thanks,
Reyn968

2smoked

Threads
The only question that I can answer with absolute authority is number 6. Use this product and only a small, thin amount is needed. Make sure your mating surfaces are thoroughly cleaned. I have used this on many F motors without any failures.A348E4D4-2266-4C9C-B9A6-E64E10E24589.jpeg