model 10546 gold edition it will start when you prime it but dies right away

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / model 10546 gold edition it will start when you prime it but dies right away
I’d start by checking the float level first. Did someone replace the carb with one that has the idle jet one the side of the carb? If so that could also be plugged, resulting in the same condition.

Born2Mow

Threads
  • / model 10546 gold edition it will start when you prime it but dies right away
First thing to check is ALWAYS the fuel. Fuel goes stale in about 8 weeks now.

Bigwaynester

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my uncles mower, all I have for 2 stroke oil is stihl hp ultra i use for my chainsaw , is it ok to use this with some fresh gas to see if that is the problem?

Born2Mow

Threads
Yes, 2-stroke oil is 2-stroke oil. Modern Stihl oil is probably much better that the old petroleum based stuff from the 1980's he might be still using.

If there is one of those priming bulbs that you push to pump fuel to the carb, then make sure you pump it enough to flush out all the older fuel. Also check that the old fuel hasn't fouled the spark plug.