Model 10324. Intermittant starting problem

Ctype

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I really love the way this mower cuts, but this starting problem is driving me nuts. Sometimes it just won't start. I'll clean the plug, use new fuel/oil, set the choke, prime it a few times, and it acts like there is no ignition. I'll go inside, cuss, kick the cat, and swear I'll go get some cheap made in China throw away mower. I'll then go back out, give it one pull and it fires right up. I was sure I heard it laughing at me last time. I can stop/start it for the next few weeks, and then one day it will stop, and won't start again. Then I repeat the process again a week later.

I did discover last year that if I slap the blade control bail a few times it would start. I though it might be the switch, but it looks like it doesn't do any more than ground the ignition, and it appears to work just fine mechanically. Now after a week of trying it won't start at all.

I got the idea of giving her a name from the intro thread when I joined this forum. I'm calling her 'Christine', (if you're familiar with movies you'll know why) and it probably wasn't a good idea to call her a worthless piece of stuff.

All joking aside, I can't figure this out. Does this kill switch ever give any problems?

Thanks

Bill

redfish9

Threads
See if the cat can start it [yes]

dougw

Threads
some times the switches get out of adjustment and or the ground connection gets intermittent.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kill switch is not opening properly. Make sure the cable is pulling the kill lever all the way off the switch. This should be an easy fix.