Mixing and matching machines???

kccamp

Threads
If a machine has a "D" motor, does that mean that the deck that housed a D motor can accept another D motor? For example, I have a 1965 7215 with a D 402 on it. Can I install a D 405 on that deck? Or a D 433, or any D motor for that matter? I have been looking on eBay to mix and match a deck with a D motor, and piece together a machine.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kurt

Fireman 123

Threads
Perhaps the best place to ask that question would be over at gardenweb. The site has quite a few knowledgeable folks that should be able to point you in the right direction.

Fireman 123

Threads
.....before you spend any money unnecessary

hankthecrank

Threads
All LB engines of the same model have the same engine mount bolt pattern, where the difference lies is in the muffler mount that is different among the same model engine, the difference is the muffler shape.

kccamp

Threads
All LB engines of the same model have the same engine mount bolt pattern, where the difference lies is in the muffler mount that is different among the same model engine, the difference is the muffler shape.

So, if I have a D engine with a mounting plate and muffler, it will mount on any deck that housed a D motor?