Milwaukee M18 self propelled

milehighxr

Threads
My old Lawn Boy lawnmowers have finally given up the ghost. One needs the casting welded, if it even sticks, and the other needs more repairs than I have time for. So I finally bought an electric mower. Milwaukee started offering a self propelled mower, with battery packs that fit my other Milwaukee power tools. It gets the job done, but I have all the same complaints that kept me running these old Lawn boys for so long. One of 'em is 45yrs old, dad bought it for my mom to help him with the lawn way back in 1978. My complaints:

1 terrible rear bagger like all other modern lawn mowers(post Toro Lawnboys included)
2 horrible mower deck, corners like a tractor trailer
3 it doesn't even cut leaves in half when using the mower to pick up leaves while mowing lawn
4 it doesn't lift and cut the wet grass as well as the LawnBoys, even with high mode enabled

These are things the Lawnboys excelled at. I never had the leaf shredding blade for the Lawnboys, but I did have the leaf mulching plate.

I'm now in the hunt for a leaf shredding blade, and or a leaf mulching plate for this mower. Milwaukee has a "high lift blade", which I assume I already have, as this mower has a high lift setting.