meg-mo blades on a ferris mower?

swampdog50

Threads
morning

does this system work on a Ferris mower??? I was thinking of getting a set but they r $$$$ and if they don't work on this type of mower I understand , but, I can't seem to find any info about the meg-mo system working on a Ferris ,OR, my search skills suck....:laughing: hea a simple thumbs-up or down will do......:biggrin:...

any and all reply's are welcome

thanx

be well

swamdog50

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
morning

does this system work on a Ferris mower??? I was thinking of getting a set but they r $$$$ and if they don't work on this type of mower I understand , but, I can't seem to find any info about the meg-mo system working on a Ferris ,OR, my search skills suck....:laughing: hea a simple thumbs-up or down will do......:biggrin:...

any and all reply's are welcome

thanx

be well

swamdog50

When I Googled that, the Meg-Mo Systems website contained a link that said "click here to see mowers that the Meg-Mo system will not work on". When I clicked that I got a pop-up that stated:
"The Meg-Mo System fits all mowers with these exceptions:
Mowers with a 21" deck or less
Timed Deck Lawn Mowers"

Exactly which of those exception categories does your Ferris fit into????????

swampdog50

Threads
morning

thank you for ur reply..

I did go to the web site before I even posted this, and they do fit the ferris (is700z), but I've also understand, that just because they say they will fit doesn't mean the work really well. I was really trying to find out if someone here in the ferris forum has actually tried them and what kind of luck they had , I don't think I asked the question correctly...sorry for the confusion..:smile:

anyway, it seems by all the views, no one has tried them , so, I will call the guy and see what he has to say.

thanx for lookin

be well

swampdog50

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
morning

thank you for ur reply..

I did go to the web site before I even posted this, and they do fit the ferris (is700z), but I've also understand, that just because they say they will fit doesn't mean the work really well. I was really trying to find out if someone here in the ferris forum has actually tried them and what kind of luck they had , I don't think I asked the question correctly...sorry for the confusion..:smile:

anyway, it seems by all the views, no one has tried them , so, I will call the guy and see what he has to say.

thanx for lookin

be well

swampdog50

Yeah, I'm still kinda new to the ZTR world and blades are still something I have a lot to learn about(I'm fixin to try a OEM mulch kit on my Gravely to see how that makes my lawn look). I've also toyed with the idea of changing the pitch of my deck to me 1/4" higher in the rear instead of the front(referred to as "heeling the deck") to see if cut quality is improved. I can't elaborate as to whether these meg-mo blades are "gimmick" or "for real"(be careful of the "meg-mo website videos", which can often mislead consumers). If I were you, I'd get some first-hand consumer feedback before getting them(especially if they are $$$$$$$ like you said). Have you tried Gator blades, considered a mulch kit or other "cut improvement" options that are somewhat proven over time????

swampdog50

Threads
evenin...

haven't got hold of the guy from Meg-Mo as of yet:redface:..... I have decided to just go with what blades I have for now, will only be cutting for another 6-7 wks., so i'll just waite til spring and i'll have all winter to search for opinions. it cuts really well the way it is and i'm a happy ole man for sure :thumbsup:.

thanx for the replys

be well

swampdog50

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
evenin...

haven't got hold of the guy from Meg-Mo as of yet:redface:..... I have decided to just go with what blades I have for now, will only be cutting for another 6-7 wks., so i'll just waite til spring and i'll have all winter to search for opinions. it cuts really well the way it is and i'm a happy ole man for sure :thumbsup:.

thanx for the replys

be well

swampdog50

You may want to look into some Gator blades. For side discharging, insteasd of mulching, I understand they cut the grass clippings up very fine.