Export thread

Mbyerly

M

Mbyerly

Craftsman LT2000 W/ 18 HP Briggs & Stratton
When I start it after several minutes it starts to die.
If I turn the key off and then back on quickly while it’s dies it will run normal for another minute or so. It took me 70+ times to get yard done. What would cause this?

I

ILENGINE

You don't give your engine model number but I am suspecting that the plastic cap on the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb is coming loose and shutting off fuel flow and when you turn the key off the plunger released and pushed the cap back on the end of the plunger. Remove the fuel solenoid from the carb and pull on the plastic tip and see if it comes off. If it does you can epoxy it back on or throw it away if you don't mind some backfires on shutoff.

M

Mbyerly

Thanks for the information it’s no doubt the solenoid is the problem. I found a few guys that had the same problem. Apparently it’s fairly common in older mowers because some solenoids had manufacturing issues.

M

Mbyerly

You don't give your engine model number but I am suspecting that the plastic cap on the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb is coming loose and shutting off fuel flow and when you turn the key off the plunger released and pushed the cap back on the end of the plunger. Remove the fuel solenoid from the carb and pull on the plastic tip and see if it comes off. If it does you can epoxy it back on or throw it away if you don't mind some backfires on shutoff.
Thanks for the information.