manual push mode won't work

manserm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet 13ax91at596. Can't get the machine into manual push mode even with the Hydro Bypass Rod pulled out. Any idea what might cause this? I need to move it from a shed to my garage to fix a starting issue.

manserm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone? I'm really stumped with this. I'm only a couple of days away from the first cut of the season and I'm seriously out of commission :frown:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the rod linkage has come loose from the control plate. If everything is attached and pulling hard and quick does not release it, you may have an internal problem. Don't want to be a smart &(@, but have you released the parking brake. Been there and done that.

manserm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Rivets. No, the pull rod is still connected and it seems to be actuating the lever. And yes, the brake is off. Thanks for the reminder though. I've done even stupider things that that before lol!

The machine will roll a couple of inches before the wheels lock up (both directions).

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you reach under and move the release.

manserm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tried pulling directly on the lever on the side of the transmission that the rod hooks onto. It moves a tiny little bit further but still won't release the transmission. I'm thinking the manual push problem may resolve if I can get the machine started and moving. I read on another thread that it might be an air lock. My son just informed me that he figures my battery charger fried "itself" (ahem) the last time he used it so that might explain my starting problem. I'm going to try boosting it with the truck tomorrow if I can find a second set of cables.

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Check and see if the brake is releasing fully.