Makita Leaf Blower 4-Cycles Stored Incorrectly

RookieDIY

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, my Makita BHX2500 4-Cycles was stored -incorrectly- with the Blower Tube pointing up, when I tried to use the other day it started but it was smoking heavily, I turned it off and checked the carburetor's filter, it was soaked with oil, I replaced it and tried to start the blower again, but I was unable to. I removed the spark plug and found it to be full of black soot and a bit wet, I replaced it but still the blower wont start. Inspecting the spark plug once again I found it to have black soot. I know that at least the combustion chamber needs to be cleaned but inspecting the cylinder block assembly, I see no way to have access to it other than thru the small spark plug opening. I am a decent DIY, particularly when I have access to service manuals, but I can't find one online for this blower. Any help with suggestions how to tackle this issue is welcome.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
pull the plug out, pull it thru four or five times to flush out the cylinder of vapors and flooding, then try again. Make sure the fuel is fresh.