M50 ZTR Tank Seat options

ohredwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, new to the forum here, wondering if you had any suggestions.
I've got a cub cadet M50 Tank ZTR, approx 6 years old. Have about 280 hours on the unit and performed all the belt, greasing, fluids, and filter changes yearly. So far unit is holding up pretty well, but I do have one problem arising.

Seat is beginning to unglue itself from the housing it is surrounded by. I have never been real pleased with the comfort and feeling every bump in my yard with this seat. Now that I am in a position that original seat is coming apart, I wanted to know if there is a better, more comfortable seat available for cub cadet zturn mowers?

I did some looking on the www and actually called a company that sells grammer suspension seats. I saw they had a manual suspension with a shock absorber I believe and air suspension. I inquired on the manual suspension and spoke with a sales rep on the phone, but he said those seats bolt all 4 corners down, where as our, or my zturn is hinged on two pivet bolts up front and sits on rubber bumpers on the back of the seat. I imagine for access to battery and hydro fluid service. He said it wouldn't work then.

Just like to know what options are available to us, or if stock is it. My back is not so good anymore. Thanks much.
Russ

txzrider

Threads
you could still bolt it on... just make it attach to the plate that hinges... might have to make an adapter out of plywood or something. I bought a much more comfortable seat at northern tools for my last one... no air or suspension but it was a high back and much more comfortable. I did have to be careful to make sure it would still tip up to get to the battery.