M-ZT52 PTO Shut Off While Mowing

DAJOKER69

Threads
I was cutting the yard and the blades just disengaged. I pulled and pushed the pto knob to no avail. The only trouble shooting I could do since it started raining was to have the mower running and engage the PTO switch and lift off the seat. The motor stopped running as it should have. With the motor off and the ignition switch on if I engage the PTO I do not hear the clunk sound of the PTO engaging. Before when I had solenoid problems with the key on and motor not running if I engage the PTO i would hear the clunk. That is how I know I should be hearing that sound.

I have googled to try and find the wiring diagram but could not find it. My next step is to check the PTO switch for continuity. I hope the switch is the problem and not the PTO itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You all helped me solve the solenoid before i went to training so I feel confident you can help me again.

577jersey

Threads
Since you know the seat switch is good I would pull the plug off the PTO and hook my DVM to it..put the DVM on continuity beep and see if you are getting a beep when the PTO switch is pulled..if not I would think the switch is bad or the wiring from the switch to the PTO.

DAJOKER69

Threads
Since you know the seat switch is good I would pull the plug off the PTO and hook my DVM to it..put the DVM on continuity beep and see if you are getting a beep when the PTO switch is pulled..if not I would think the switch is bad or the wiring from the switch to the PTO.

Roger that is my next step tomorrow. Thanks. I will update when I do.

Bicklebok

Threads
By the way, how do you like the mower? Holding up ok?

DAJOKER69

Threads
I just pulled the connector off the pto an checked continuity and didnt get any. Gonna order a switch today. Found one on Amazon for $17.10.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DAJOKER69

Threads
By the way, how do you like the mower? Holding up ok?

I like the lawnmower. As for holding up I have replaced a solenoid, a deck wheel bolt and a PTO switch. . I have had the mower just over a year.

No other real issues. Next cutting season I will get new blades. I have read a few places that the factory blades are not that good. Even with the replacement issues I am very satisfied with the lawnmower. I always compare it to ex mark and if I had to go buy again I would still buy a husqvarna. Just can't justify the extra $2000 I would have paid for a similar ex mark. I have an ex mark at my armory that I use in a weekly basis.

Bicklebok

Threads
How many hours does it have?

I must admit, I love the Exmarks and I actually own an older model. It only has 400 hours, but I have had to do a lot of work to it since it was abused before I got it.

I just bought a used Husqvarna PZT48 with 175 hours. For the price it was a no brainer vs an Exmark. I just replaced the used up gator blades with stock blades which I would imagine are about the same blades that would go on your mower. The stock blades are nearly the thickness of the Exmarks, but they are a little beefier than what would go on a cheaper mower. The stock blades have been awesome! I realize they may not last as long, but the cut is unbelievable. It cuts everything first pass; even wet grass.

DAJOKER69

Threads
How many hours does it have?

I must admit, I love the Exmarks and I actually own an older model. It only has 400 hours, but I have had to do a lot of work to it since it was abused before I got it.

I just bought a used Husqvarna PZT48 with 175 hours. For the price it was a no brainer vs an Exmark. I just replaced the used up gator blades with stock blades which I would imagine are about the same blades that would go on your mower. The stock blades are nearly the thickness of the Exmarks, but they are a little beefier than what would go on a cheaper mower. The stock blades have been awesome! I realize they may not last as long, but the cut is unbelievable. It cuts everything first pass; even wet grass.

it only has 25 hours.