LX277 Won't run at full Throttle

Yeah u can bypass the tank and hook a remote tank to it to see if possibly the pick up tube is partially clogged or something.

Glad to see that bypassing the tank was relatively easy. I used a clean milk jug full of gas and dropped the fuel line in there. With the tank taken out of the discussion, the mower failed to run at full throttle just as it did when connected to the tank. So, I'm back to looking at the carburetor. I had it apart [again] and cleaned it again which didn't solve the problem. Tomorrow, I plan to buy a new carburetor and give that a try. Aside from the tank, the filter, the lines, the pump, the solenoid, there's not much left (IMO). I'm justifying the expense by telling myself a 13 year old is due.

I appreciate everybody who posted an opinion on this forum. Thanks.
 
Did the new carb resolve it? Am curious as I have an 18 year old LX277 that had carb issues - cleaning helped but only temporarily. Just replaced the carb and it's running rough - will run then start stalling when it warms up. Wondered if the factory settings needed adjustment?
 
Mikel - This problem with my John Deere was 5 years ago, but "yes" replacing the carburetor fixed my problem. The year before, a small chunk of debris got into the tank and kept blocking my gas supply from time to time.

Good luck with your diagnosis.
 
Back
Top