LX188 tension spring rubbing belt

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The M111358 bushings (24) are worn. I'm ordering some new ones. But was wondering if it would be OK to bend that arm (9A) the spring attaches to. Say maybe 1inch? Just enough to clear the belt?
It's going to take a week to get the parts. I kind of need to mow before the rain comes.

1685813907509.jpeg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well first you can get the bushings from Stens as 225-690 and you will 4 of them not just two. Plus you need to check arms for wear as well as pivot shaft. as if two are worn then four are worn.

And I assuming you means rubbing the secondary belt. Yes you can bend the spring arm but just remember to bend it back when you install the new parts.

Besides if you are working others' mowers just take one home and cut your and chalk it as testing. I do it all the time here as I have up to six acres to cut and most times I am troubleshooting mower problems by actually using the mowers to duplicate the customer's problems.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well first you can get the bushings from Stens as 225-690 and you will 4 of them not just two. Plus you need to check arms for wear as well as pivot shaft. as if two are worn then four are worn.

And I assuming you means rubbing the secondary belt. Yes you can bend the spring arm but just remember to bend it back when you install the new parts.

Besides if you are working others' mowers just take one home and cut your and chalk it as testing. I do it all the time here as I have up to six acres to cut and most times I am troubleshooting mower problems by actually using the mowers to duplicate the customer's problems.

The belt that's rubbing is the PTO belt to the deck.

I just double checked the steal, and it doesn't look out of round or worn. The one bushing was warn on one end pretty bad. , but I couldn't see where it pivot was touching steal.

The one bushings I'm ordering come in two sets, plus the cap, new washers and clip. Sten's $180 limit on free shipping just turns me off. Plus if I ordered today, it would be Wednesday (the 7th) before I get it. UPS is messed up around here.
Everything goes to Little Rock first. Then everything that comes down this way, goes to another UPS warehouse 30 miles south to Pine Bluff. So it always adds and extra day to my Stens delivery. I'll get the Amazon package on the 8th.
Stens is out of 225-690.

Testing customers mowers keeps you from having to spend money on your own.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well I didn't check Stens for stock as I have 8 of the bushings in stock. With the parts list you might be ordering the HD Switch kit.

I have only ordered $1420 in parts from Stens this year so far and Only $420 from Rotary; although, I got another $195 going Monday to Rotary which I will then meet my $500 minimum annual purchase amount. Too bad Rotary don't have the bushings.

You want a pita to deal with on shipping try using the Memphis post office. They are either taking three weeks or simply completely losing my packages. UPS is the only one that delivers from on time. Now of course I haven't FedEx from there.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh well I didn't check Stens for stock as I have 8 of the bushings in stock. With the parts list you might be ordering the HD Switch kit.

I have only ordered $1420 in parts from Stens this year so far and Only $420 from Rotary; although, I got another $195 going Monday to Rotary which I will then meet my $500 minimum annual purchase amount. Too bad Rotary don't have the bushings.

You want a pita to deal with on shipping try using the Memphis post office. They are either taking three weeks or simply completely losing my packages. UPS is the only one that delivers from on time. Now of course I haven't FedEx from there.

I ordered something from Walmart the other day, that came from Canada. it was here the next day, via Fedex. LMAO..

I know it was just luck,

A friend of mine is sending me a guitar from Houston. UPS wanted $375. So he shipped it USPS last Thursday, and they charged him $135. And it won't be here til Monday.