Export thread

LTX 1046 won't move.

L

ljb

Been a while since I had a problem with my 2012 Cub Cadet VTwin 22hp Kohler, Model #13AP91AT009, Serial #1E112H60400 that I purchased used two years ago. It only has 212 hrs. Two of the last five times mowing, when I went to reverse from the carport, I heard a high pitch whining noise, and the mower would not move. After another attempt to reverse, it engaged and I was able to mow as normal with no noise or issues. Yesterday, when I wanted to mow and started to reverse from the carport, the same whining noise was heard. I tried forward and reverse several times but no movement. I made sure the parking brake was not engaged, the drive belt to the Hydro Gear 618-0319 Hydro-Static transmission was tight and turning while engine was running. I pulled on the hydrostatic bypass rod to try and move the mower back, but it would not budge. I lifted the rear end up, and the wheels spin freely, with a slight resistance, each one moving in opposite directions. I checked all springs and connections under the transmission, and all seem ok. I checked the oil level, and it is right under the bottom thread of the hole, is very clean, and does not smell burnt. Is there anything else I can check or do, or is the transmission gone, and am I SOL?
Thanks,
Larry

I

ILENGINE

I would highly suspect that the parking brake is stuck in the on position. Will need to look/feel around under the side of the hydro to locate the brake mechanism and push/pull the lever to get it to release.

Follow up may require removing the brake assembly from the hydro so you can free up the two pins due to corrosion which is what starts the brake sticking issue.

L

ljb

Thanks for your suggestion. Once this lightning and bad weather stops, I will check that. Thanks again.
I would highly suspect that the parking brake is stuck in the on position. Will need to look/feel around under the side of the hydro to locate the brake mechanism and push/pull the lever to get it to release.

Follow up may require removing the brake assembly from the hydro so you can free up the two pins due to corrosion which is what starts the brake sticking issue.

L

ljb

Well ILENGINE, your suggestion was spot on. I tried the push/pull method on the brake arm, but this 71 yr old weakling could not get it to budge, so I put a wrench on the center adjustment nut, and when I loosened it less than 1/4 turn, the brake arm popped right into place. Everything works great now. Thank you so much for saving my sanity, lol.