LTX 1046 reverse saftey switch

crk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LTX 1046 the reverse safety switch light will go on when the key is turned on and the engine is not running but when the engine is running the light will not go on there for every time I back up while mowing the blades dis-engage and I need to turn my PTO switch off and back on again to continue mowing. This is a real hassle because you don't realize how many times you back up until this feature doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong ?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sc2400 click on full manual, see electrical troubleshooting, check connections at switch.

crk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LTX 1046 the reverse safety switch light will go on when the key is turned on and the engine is not running but when the engine is running the light will not go on there for every time I back up while mowing the blades dis-engage and I need to turn my PTO switch off and back on again to continue mowing the ignition switch was changed and did not correct the problem.
This is a real hassle because you don't realize how many times you back up until this feature doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong ? update on this issue ignition switch was changed and did not correct the problem

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't know if they changed it on later models, but the first few years they had the reverse mow system where you push the button to mow in reverse wouldn't work if the headlights were burned out or disconnected. This was at least on the yardman, yardmachines, so cub cadet was probably similar.

bjeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LTX 1046 the reverse safety switch light will go on when the key is turned on and the engine is not running but when the engine is running the light will not go on there for every time I back up while mowing the blades dis-engage and I need to turn my PTO switch off and back on again to continue mowing. This is a real hassle because you don't realize how many times you back up until this feature doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong ?

the reverse safety switch is bad or maybe one of the wires to it broke, my lt1050 the pto clutch keep kicking out the i noticed when I backed up it didnt kick the pto out,I didnt have the rev. switch turned on and when I checked the wires to it one was broken, I repaired the wire now it works fine mybe thats your pb.