LTX 1040 Deck Height Lever

fayjim2

Threads
Deck lever travels excessively before deck rises? Is there a adjustment for this or rigging procedure?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look at the lever and see what it is or isn't doing. Sounds like a lot of slop before you get deck movement.

slomo

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Scroll down page to your LTX Lawn Tractor Manuals, start at page 217 Deck Lift Shaft Replacement Bushings.

fayjim2

Threads
The lift shaft bushings have very minimal wear. The lever goes past the half way point before deck moves. I live rural so I need a higher cutting plain. The machine has 118 hrs . I still need some ideas?

Born2Mow

Threads
That model seems to be a re-branded MTD designed mower. Same as a lot of the Craftsman, Ariens, Husky, and about 5 other brands. A brief search on the internet will show you that these are all famous for not having a lot of deck lift. And what little there is, is not very accurate. My BIL's Craftsman has 6 positions on the lever, but the most we can really get is 3. YouTube is full of videos with adjustment ideas, up to and including bending the operator lever. Watch about 6 and you'll catch the recurring mention of what I'm telling you.

I'm not knocking the mower, I'm only saying this so that you know not to expect wonders. Start by playing with the front deck hanger adjustment.

Hope this helps.