Lt42e blade motor failure

Kparent

Threads
Electric riding mower lt42e, blade motors fail. after one year, have replaced left once, right twice. After second replacement right failed again.
the only thing I’ve done besides replacing motors is keeping the deck clean without using water

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sound like you should be looking into replacing the RH blade motor controller. But considering the cost of these blade motors alone it might worth to go back gasoline powered mower.

Consider that the blade motors are $570 ea list so four of them would be $2280 and the controller @ $316 it getting expensive fast to maintain the mower.

Kparent

Threads
It’s actually my son’s mower. He is addicted to all things electric, does own a single gasoline motor, even his cars. He’s given up on the cub cadet and just purchased a green works machine which is doing fine so far in its short lifespan to date. I’m keen to fix the cub cadet. I’ve fixed my poulanPro 500 with fantastic help through this forum, thought I’d tap it again. I appreciate the advice both in where to find the mowers issue and what to do about the machine overall, thank you

Kparent

Threads
turns out he has a spare controller already. I told him what you said. There is little enthusiasm on his part now to repair the mower, the cost of yet another motor is prohibitive. Can the blade motors be rebuilt?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be careful on the controller according to the IPL I found, they two different PNs which means there is some kinda difference between the two. Now of I need the actual model number from the serial number to look the mower for correct parts.

Don't know they if can be rebuilt or refurbished. These are fairly new on the market and we all are learning the ropes on them.

Kparent

Threads
Be careful on the controller according to the IPL I found, they two different PNs which means there is some kinda difference between the two. Now of I need the actual model number from the serial number to look the mower for correct parts.

Don't know they if can be rebuilt or refurbished. These are fairly new on the market and we all are learning the ropes on them.
Thank you,
I’ll see what my son has planned for the machine. It’s disappointing for me to see how enthusiastic he was, how much he invested, and now how his attitude on that machine has soured. I have a feeling he’s done with it.