LT125 (23420) Too Fast

TiIngot

Threads
Lt125(23420) - Too Fast!!
This mower has the automated transmission with a forward and reverse pedal. No gear shift. I love it but in forward it easily goes too fast with just a light push on the pedal especially when trying to go slow mulching leaves.

It is ok at first but the foot pressure easily increases as you bump along and it is hard to hold it back. I do not see any linkage adjustment or missing springs etc. Am I missing something?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Lt125(23420) - Too Fast!!
This mower has the automated transmission with a forward and reverse pedal. No gear shift. I love it but in forward it easily goes too fast with just a light push on the pedal especially when trying to go slow mulching leaves.

It is ok at first but the foot pressure easily increases as you bump along and it is hard to hold it back. I do not see any linkage adjustment or missing springs etc. Am I missing something?
Most riding mowers rip along at lightning speed of about 5.5 mph. Maybe I am missing something. Don’t press the pedal down all the way.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lt125(23420) is actually listed as a LT23420 (with a real model number of 2690872) which has a Hydro Gear T2-CCHE-4X3B-1LX1 transaxle.

In order to limit the forward speed and still have full later would need to install a temporary stop block under the forward pedal or learn to to have a light foot pressure on the pedal.(self control).

If the transaxle is adjusted it throw everything out balance or you would be moving backwards in pedal neutral position.