Lt1045 died on me, no power to display and erratic PTO when working

sotra

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lt1045 died on me, no power to display and erratic PTO when working
First post, mechanically challenged, but willing to listen and learn. Also, work long swing shifts. So, sorry if I take a bit longer than some to reply or try out any possible solutions.
Inherited the mower when we moved in 5 years ago. Has been working pretty good, but last year the PTO started only working when I leaned over to the right on the seat. Then this year it was working without leaning, but it would disengage every now and then on it's own. It gradually would be more frequent until today when it would only engage for 10-30 seconds at a time (seemed to stay on longer on flat surfaces, but I have mostly hilly terrain). So, I stopped the mower to see if there were any loose wiring or connections, but nothing seemed loose. When I went to start it up again I got nothing. No power to the display, nothing lit up at all. I don't think it's the battery (bought new earlier in the season).
I also had the problem that it would surge or sound like it was running low on gas when it actually wasn't. Again, might be my imagination, but it seemed to be more severe on hilly terrain.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Lt1045 died on me, no power to display and erratic PTO when working
Haven’t got much time tonight, but I’ve got one quick check for you now and I’ll be back tomorrow if no one has given you help. I would immediately check both ends of each battery cable. I have a gut feeling that you will find one of these four connections dirty and/or loose.