Engine LT1000 will not turn over

GarryB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had this problem before, but my fix isn't working

18 hp intek engine will not turn over under compression. I have adjusted the valves before, and managed to get it started, but not this time. It turns over great with the spark plug removed, but only a partial revolution with the plug in and it hits the compression stroke. I have adjusted and re-adjusted the valves several times. This fixed the problem before, but it doesn't seem to work this time. What am I missing?

Garry :mad:

darrinster

Threads
I have had this problem before, but my fix isn't working

18 hp intek engine will not turn over under compression. I have adjusted the valves before, and managed to get it started, but not this time. It turns over great with the spark plug removed, but only a partial revolution with the plug in and it hits the compression stroke. I have adjusted and re-adjusted the valves several times. This fixed the problem before, but it doesn't seem to work this time. What am I missing?

Garry :mad:

I had the same issue recently. More than likely the compression release on the camshaft is broken.

Try this. (Make sure the battery is charged) With the spark plug installed and the parking brake set, hold your hand over the black intake pipe coming from the carburetor and crank the engine. If the engine spins normally then the compression release on the camshaft is broken.