LT 1042 Mystery

Sonofthe60s

Forum Newbie
Threads
1042 with a Kohler engine, 420 hrs. usage. Runs beautifully until about two hours in of use - the PTO is engaged and the blades are turning, then it begins to sound like it is running out of fuel (plenty of fuel still left). The only other way I can describe it is that it sounds like the engine is "missing." I turn off the PTO and let the engine idle and the problem goes away. I re-engage the PTO and start cutting and a few minutes later - the engine starts acting up again. The tech who regularly works on it is stumped - carburetor has been cleaned, plug replaced, even starter coil replaced...already spent far too much. What could he/I be missing?

fireman9513

Threads
It could be what was going on with my 1050, I tried everything, valve adjustment, solenoid on carb, fuel pump, nothing worked.
One day I was mowing and after about 15 minutes it started acting up and shut off, I pushed it back to my shop and removed the fuel line from the filter and removed the gas cap and took my airline and blew to line out toward the fuel tank, it blew gas up in the air and I haven't had the mower die since.
The fuel line goes into the bottom of the tank and I think there was some kind of obstruction.
Try that and see if it works for you it did for me.