low blade speed

jeffnang

Threads
I have been thinking that my bladespeed is low. The quality of the cut is off bad anI can hear the blades slow. If I go really slow it mows better but that's super slow. I have all new belts and blades. I can't help but think it has something to do with the engine. I have the hight set at 3.5 and after I mowed today I went back over the tart and it looked like it cit another .5 inches off. Any ideas about what will cause the blades to slow.

Steve0853

Threads
It is likely that you need to get your engine RPM up a little bit. That was a problem on a Grasshopper that I had.

One thing that caught my eye is that you are cutting at 3.5 inches. That seems high to me and my mowers would give a poor cut at that height. For well maintained lawns, I cut at 2.5 and if they are a tad overgrown, then I go to 2.75. Even in rough areas I rarely cut more than 3.0 inches high.

davevfla

Threads
Hey bud when you are running and feel the engine lose power pull off one of the plug wires. obviously this should make it run alot worse. i bet your mower shuts off or no change. i'm thinking bad coil. easy fix but sometimes they will go in an out and have you thinking. check it i bet thats your issue.

jeffnang

Threads
Hey bud when you are running and feel the engine lose power pull off one of the plug wires. obviously this should make it run alot worse. i bet your mower shuts off or no change. i'm thinking bad coil. easy fix but sometimes they will go in an out and have you thinking. check it i bet thats your issue.
I have put two new coils on my mower and although it made a huge difference, I still think I'm down on power. I also checked the compression and it was a little better than 120 psi on each cylinder. Does that sound right: