Export thread

Looks Briggs is going to file Charter 11

StarTech

StarTech

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Probably get bought out by the chineese company welong Dingdong wedo you.

tom3

tom3

Just gave their top dogs big bonuses so the writing was on the wall. Now to gouge the pension plans, devalue their stock to zero, sell off real estate to connected investors and lease the properties back, and reissue new stock with huge options to the execs who will be retiring and cashing in yet again. Same old, same old.

upupandaway

upupandaway

This is old news. It was a few weeks ago when they mentioned that Briggs owes a few $million in interest payment this month. It doesn't take much for people who follow stock to know their cash on hand is no where close to what they owe.
Paying the high ups confirmed it. Now to wait for the company to file. They already started by shutting down a factory and rearranging production like moving some mower assembly out of Wis to a NY factory. They also said they would sell all the brands(snapper, ferris, murray, etc) by the end of July.

K

keakar

lord help us if mtd takes over, those engines fail so regularly its like having a time bomb on your lawnmower

i tell people if they buy a lawn tractor with an mtd engine they should bring it straight to the junk yard rather then wait a year for it to throw a rod

I

ILENGINE

Briggs has farmed out so much of the power equipment production now where the only thing they make are the engines. Murray and Snapper by Walmart are MTD products. The Brute edgers and tillers are earthquake, and the push mowers are pulsar.

K

keakar

Briggs has farmed out so much of the power equipment production now where the only thing they make are the engines. Murray and Snapper by Walmart are MTD products. The Brute edgers and tillers are earthquake, and the push mowers are pulsar.
you sure about that? because all the murray and snapper parts i buy now come with a briggs logo on the bag or box

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Pretty sure briggs got all the parts stock inventory when murray went under. I wonder what the Briggs OEM parts pipeline will look like? We will probably be junking good equipment for want of an odd part that is NLA on new equipment. I wonder if the non dealer one man shops will survive 10 more years. I guess i better learn to read chineese.

upupandaway

upupandaway

you sure about that? because all the murray and snapper parts i buy now come with a briggs logo on the bag or box
Yeah. briggs has been making the whole product(mowers, generators, edgers, etc) the last few years after buying up several brands. They said this month they will sell off the brands and only supplying engines in the future.

Mower King

Mower King

Pretty sure briggs got all the parts stock inventory when murray went under. I wonder what the Briggs OEM parts pipeline will look like? We will probably be junking good equipment for want of an odd part that is NLA on new equipment. I wonder if the non dealer one man shops will survive 10 more years. I guess i better learn to read chineese.
This must be why a B&S eng wiring harness, for a Vang EFI eng that we ordered to repair a customers mower, is on back order......now I know why it's taking so long to get it....I hate it for our customer.

C

cruzenmike

This really is sad news especially if it might eventually lead to products like the Vanguard engine or the the generator line going away. Obviously nobody knows he long term ramifications of this filing but let's hope that in the end Briggs comes out of this with a more simplified portfolio of products that helps them to re-establish themselves as a global leader of small engines.

Then all they need to do is to offer a line of dependable, reasonably priced engines that equipment manufacturers will pick over their own "branded" ones made in China. I am not saying that Chinese engines are bad, it's just that companies like MTD made the switch to Chinese engines only because it was favorable to their profits.

If all else fails, in the end we will have a completely Chinese made rider at Home Depot for $2000 or an American made John Deere at the dealer for $4000. I do not think that this bodes well for even the premium brands as it will hedge cost against quality and in an ever increasingly expensive world to live in, people will eventually choose cost savings first.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

. I guess i better learn to read chineese.
here's a practice for you....
布里格斯和斯特拉頓

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

If briggs goes under, i guess that will only leave Kohler and Kawasaki still making some engines here in the USA.
Of course i think Kawasaki makes alot of engine is north carolina....:unsure:

I

ILENGINE

Just checked the Walmart website for murray and Snapper mowers. The Snapper riders are coming back with Husqvarna model numbers and the push mowers are coming back with MTD, Husqvarna and a third party model number which could be Pulsar. Don't recognize some of the model numbers for the Murray pushmowers. Some are characteristic MTD style others are more Pulsar style like the new Brute push mowers sold at Menards.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I think i will start my own line of cheap mowers. Will call them Junk King. Will give a 5 or 5 warranty. 5 minutes or 5 tanks of gas, whichever comes first. Probably source engines from we scru you out of china. I need to hire some slick marketing wanks.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I think i will start my own line of cheap mowers. Will call them Junk King. Will give a 5 or 5 warranty. 5 minutes or 5 tanks of gas, whichever comes first. Probably source engines from we scru you out of china. I need to hire some slick marketing wanks.
Buy the rights to Taryl's EZ Works brand he bashes on their videos.

S

slomo

This must be why a B&S eng wiring harness, for a Vang EFI eng that we ordered to repair a customers mower, is on back order......now I know why it's taking so long to get it....I hate it for our customer.
Those Vangards are made in Japan right? Might explain delays.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

They moved Vanguard production back to the US in 2017..
They did make them in Japan though.

Mower King

Mower King

They moved Vanguard production back to the US in 2017..
They did make them in Japan though.
This is correct!

I just found it odd that a part (eng wiring harness for their high dollar EFI eng on their B&S high dollar mower) on a 2 year old mower that has a 4 yr B&S warranty, is on back order. B&S told me they had a problem with them (the harness) so, you would think they had them in stock somewhere......it's going on 3 weeks, next week.

But a Chapter 11 filing might explain it.

I

ILENGINE

This is correct!

I just found it odd that a part (eng wiring harness for their high dollar EFI eng on their B&S high dollar mower) on a 2 year old mower that has a 4 yr B&S warranty, is on back order. B&S told me they had a problem with them (the harness) so, you would think they had them in stock somewhere......it's going on 3 weeks, next week.

But a Chapter 11 filing might explain it.
Look at the bright side, The spring stockup program starts in August this year instead of October or November like normal. Trying to stick their dealers with extra parts so they don;t have as much on hand for the bankrupcy.

upupandaway

upupandaway

I think i will start my own line of cheap mowers. Will call them Junk King.
That's my title!! I will sue you and use the court precidence how a man in central Illinois has a family restaurant named Burger King. The chain cannot open a store within 100 miles from his resteraunt. :p

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Briggs and StrAaaaaaaton
sheep.jpg

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

That's my title!! I will sue you and use the court precidence how a man in central Illinois has a family restaurant named Burger King. The chain cannot open a store within 100 miles from his resteraunt. :p
Maybe i should call them Trash-o-matic mowers since the name Craftsman is already taken.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Crapsman

I

ILENGINE

Actually that is incorrect, the court ruling says that there cannot be a Burger King restaurant within 20 miles, Ate there while going to college. Really only effects two towns. both college towns. Mattoon with Lake Land College and Charleston with Eastern Illinois University. Few other small towns within that radius but nothing big enough to support a fast food restaurant of any kind.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Got a real POS new crapsman in the other day. Has the new Briggs & Scrapem cheap a$$ engine with the horrible new plastic carb. If this is the best theycan do no wonder they are going chap 11.

upupandaway

upupandaway

Actually that is incorrect, the court ruling says that there cannot be a Burger King restaurant within 20 miles
My bad.I remembered the distance wrong. I found it funny being on the news while in school in UIUC.

tom3

tom3

Got a real POS new crapsman in the other day. Has the new Briggs & Scrapem cheap a$$ engine with the horrible new plastic carb. If this is the best theycan do no wonder they are going chap 11.

But they sure are pretty!

I

ILENGINE

My bad.I remembered the distance wrong. I found it funny being on the news while in school in UIUC.
100 miles would of covered the entire center of Illinois and part of Indiana

S

slomo

Bet the execs and ceo losers are getting a fat check, per usual failing company policies. Got to keep the heat on at the winter home LOL. And the floor worker walks to the unemployment line. Got to love Ru-merica. We wear cloth masks during pandemics to feel safe. Stupidity running wild here......

slomo

Mower King

Mower King

B&S is not defunked yet....my boss said the harness has been shipped....we'll see!