Export thread

Looking for a part

B

bsavulis

I have an 80's GT6000 lawn tractor, Kohler Command 18HP v twin, hydrostatic transmission. The mount that holds the guide pulleys for the trans axle is damaged, this mounts directly to the transaxle and takes the belt from horizontal to vertical. I am looking to replace the assembly. It was damaged (bent) when a belt broke and wrapped itself around it. Does anyone have a unit they are parting out. I really would like to get all the bits that guide the drive belt assembly. The unit currently runs well, but eats drive belts every 8 to 10 hours of use. The tractor runs really strong, has been in use by my family since new. I hope I can keep it alive a good bit longer.

Thanks
Brian

Fish

Fish

Have you looked up the part numbers of the parts you need?

If all else fails, fab up something similar.

B

bsavulis

I have an 80's GT6000 lawn tractor, Kohler Command 18HP v twin, hydrostatic transmission. The mount that holds the guide pulleys for the trans axle is damaged, this mounts directly to the transaxle and takes the belt from horizontal to vertical. I am looking to replace the assembly. It was damaged (bent) when a belt broke and wrapped itself around it. Does anyone have a unit they are parting out. I really would like to get all the bits that guide the drive belt assembly. The unit currently runs well, but eats drive belts every 8 to 10 hours of use. The tractor runs really strong, has been in use by my family since new. I hope I can keep it alive a good bit longer.

Thanks
Brian
I posted the above a couple months ago. I am still searching for this part. The craftsman tractor is a 917.257730 a GT6000 hydrostatic drive, purchased in 1994. I am looking for part #140482 ---Bracket mount torque / fan. I have straightened the original, but some of the angles can't be quite right, as it eats belts every couple of weeks. Can anyone point me to a replacement. I cannot find them online anywhere.
Thanks!

R

Rivets

Your Craftsman tractor was built by AYP for Sears. AYP was acquired by Husqvarna, so you might try these numbers. Craftsman #140482, superseded to Husqvarna #532140482, which superseded to Husqvarna #532154561. Don’t know if they are still available, but that’s the best I can do.

B

bsavulis

Your Craftsman tractor was built by AYP for Sears. AYP was acquired by Husqvarna, so you might try these numbers. Craftsman #140482, superseded to Husqvarna #532140482, which superseded to Husqvarna #532154561. Don’t know if they are still available, but that’s the best I can do.
Rivets, You the man. Using your part numbers I was able to find the bracket on ebay. I will get it within the week. Thanks so much for the assistance!!!

R

Rivets

I get lucky once in a while, especially if I’m on my fifth or sixth cup of coffee. Hope it works.