Looking for a FastAttach bracket for Cub Cadet (MTD) Snow blade

David in Michigan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for a FastAttach bracket for Cub Cadet (MTD) Snow blade
I am looking for a "Fast Attach" bracket (left side) for a Cub Cadet model 19A30037100 FastAttach All-Season Plow. The part number is 689-00685 (part 17 in the attached diagram). I've searched online the best I'm able without luck, so I thought I'd try my luck here. Does anyone have a magic solution to finding obsolete parts? (Or a bracket you could sell me? 😊)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 6

Lance Fowler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good luck brother. I am looking for the left and right brackets also. I have exhausted all my resources, even talked to Cub Cadet and they proved they are very challenged people. After this experience, I will never buy another Cub Cadet anything. They offered no explanation as to why they suddenly stopped handling this part. It makes every attachment useless without it. The guy that sold his to me had no problem being a turd and not telling me the brackets were missing. I just cant resell it knowing it isn’t complete.

David in Michigan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your response. Sorry you’re in the same (or maybe a worse) boat.

I have the right bracket, and the guy who sold me the attachment warned me about the missing left bracket. I had looked up the part to see if I could find a part number, but I never checked to make sure it was available. My bad. That said, I think it won’t be hard to make a left bracket as a mirror image of the right bracket. It’s two pieces held together by two bolts. One of the pieces is flat steel, and the other has a couple of bends in it. I’m finishing some other projects right now, but when I get to making the part, I’ll post some photos and sketches so you can make your own pair. Follow this thread, and I’ll try not to disappoint. If we hit November and you haven’t seen anything, nudge me.
😊

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Okay it looks like they have changed PNs from complete brackets to individual parts.

For both LH and RH you need two each 789-00368-4021 and 789-00455-4021. Cub Cadet yellow or change the suffix to -0637 for MTD powder black. You also need
four 5/16-18 flange head lock screws and 5/16-18 flange lock nuts. For mounting the mower frame you will need four 3/8-16 x .880 GR5 hex cap screws and 3/8-16 flange lock nuts. The only apparent difference between LH and RH is the way they are assembled.

Now if you want CC yellow you must order from Cub Cadet or if you MTD black from MTD. Stupid company policy they are the same group just different divisions. Also one color maybe sub for the other as they consolidate inventory.

Last edited:

David in Michigan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay it looks like they have changed PNs from complete brackets to individual parts.

For both LH and RH you need two each 789-00368-4021 and 789-00455-4021. Cub Cadet yellow or change the suffix to -0637 for MTD powder black. You also need
four 5/16-18 flange head lock screws and 5/16-18 flange lock nuts. For mounting the mower frame you will need four 3/8-16 x .880 GR5 hex cap screws and 3/8-16 flange lock nuts. The only apparent difference between LH and RH is the way they are assembled.

Now if you want CC yellow you must order from Cub Cadet or if you MTD black from MTD. Stupid company policy they are the same group just different divisions. Also one color maybe sub for the other as they consolidate inventory.
Thanks for the information. It makes sense to sell unassembled, as the LH and RH parts appear to be mirror images.
I’d like to see a drawing of the parts before ordering. I’ll look around online for a drawing or call a parts supplier to confirm. If you have a link handy, that would be helpful.

Thanks again.