Looking at Deere Z530M

Ida-Boy

Threads
I have looked at Gravely, Exmark, John Deere, Ferris & Scag. I am focusing on a John Deere Z530M with a kaw. Found one within a couple hours of me and was hoping the local dealer would work a dealer trade. I use to drive for a car dealership and seen dealers swap out cars for their customers.
Anyways any input on experience with this model would be helpful before I pull the trigger. I am cutting close to 2 acres and as a senior I need a comfortable riding machine. I am coming off a Grasshopper 725 with 61" deck and 3 cyc Kubota motor. That machine still runs flawless after 20 years and hoping the same from the Deere. Input please... Thanks

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have looked at Gravely, Exmark, John Deere, Ferris & Scag. I am focusing on a John Deere Z530M with a kaw. Found one within a couple hours of me and was hoping the local dealer would work a dealer trade. I use to drive for a car dealership and seen dealers swap out cars for their customers.
Anyways any input on experience with this model would be helpful before I pull the trigger. I am cutting close to 2 acres and as a senior I need a comfortable riding machine. I am coming off a Grasshopper 725 with 61" deck and 3 cyc Kubota motor. That machine still runs flawless after 20 years and hoping the same from the Deere. Input please... Thanks
If a suspension seat isn’t an option, I wouldn’t buy it.

La Gasser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Z530M at the end of August to replace a 12 year old Z445 Zero Turn with over 1150 hours, both with 54" decks. Awesome machine. The Comfort Glide upgraded seat makes it ride much better than the Z445. It seems that the Accel deck on the Z530M does a better job than the Edge deck on the Z445 of dispersing the cut grass and keeping the underneath of the deck cleaner. It's easy to keep the top of the deck clean also using just a leaf blower since you can lift the spindle covers by hand to blow the clippings out from under them. I mow approximately 6 acres. I now have 21 hours on it and absolutely no problems. I also have a JD X320 with a 48" deck I use to cut ditches and smaller areas. The local dealer had to order the machine as he had none in stock and said that the factory would only build and ship units that had a signed Purchase Agreement, which we did and it took approximately 6 weeks to get it. This is my 4th John Deere and didn't even look at any other brand as I've had excellent service from all of them.