Long Lasting Blades

BrentW

Threads
I have used Oregon 396-727 G6 blades for years on my TCII 61 inch. They cut very well and seem to last long but they start loosing metal on the mulching fingers. I don't use a shoot block during the grass mowing season and I mow in a very dusty area. Is their a non mulching blade that will last longer? I mow mixed grasses and I love the finished product of the blades I have been using. Just looking for a little more life.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rotary brand part #15003

BrentW

Threads
Didn't know they made blades for small mowers. Do they last a long time and hold an edge? Not seeing any reviews on them.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have used Oregon 396-727 G6 blades for years on my TCII 61 inch. They cut very well and seem to last long but they start loosing metal on the mulching fingers. I don't use a shoot block during the grass mowing season and I mow in a very dusty area. Is their a non mulching blade that will last longer? I mow mixed grasses and I love the finished product of the blades I have been using. Just looking for a little more life.
Have new blades Hard Surfaced , Hard d.
Old timers may call it Stu-Died .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Didn't know they made blades for small mowers. Do they last a long time and hold an edge? Not seeing any reviews on them.
I like them. I have a couple of sets of Rotary blades for my Gravely. They are darn good blades. They will give you a much cleaner cut than your G6 blades. They are a direct replacement for the SCAG OEM blades. I can guarantee you that they will outlast Sunbelt XHT blades.
You have to remember that your Oregon Gator G6 has very high Wings. This design is going to pull a lot more grit into your deck. That one thing is why the wings are wearing down at a faster rate.
The Rotary blades sharpen well too.

Last edited:

BrentW

Threads
I like them. I have a couple of sets of Rotary blades for my Gravely. They are darn good blades. They will give you a much cleaner cut than your G6 blades. They are a direct replacement for the SCAG OEM blades. I can guarantee you that they will outlast Sunbelt XHT blades.
You have to remember that your Oregon Gator G6 has very high Wings. This design is going to pull a lot more grit into your deck. That one thing is why the wings are wearing down at a faster rate.
The Rotary blades sharpen well too.
I Have been running the G6 blades that are .250 thick. I go through a set of spindles every year. On the Rotary's i see one that is .240 and .250 thick. I shows that the .250 doesn't fit my mower for some reason. Should I go ahead with the .250 or go back down to the .204?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
They are .250 thick.
These are direct replacement for the factory blades.
There must be some other reason that you are burning through spindles.