Export thread

Little help please

T

tng

I have a craftsman 42" with the 19.5 twin briggs & stratton i/c platinum . I am a little familiar with a regular style carb. with float, needle,jet . This mower will only start and run with choke fully on . It surges/fluctuates up and down . On other types of carbs. with these symptoms i could usually drop bowl clean jet and everything and usually be ok. I dont get this carb. setup.....i see no bowl to access jet or anything. Carb. sets flat on intake. i did replace diaphragm on front, cleaned tank,replaced fuel filter.Help!!!! Where do i begin

R

Rivets

Time to clean and rebuild the carb. I would also replace the float needle and seat, plus set the float slightly rich.

Boobala

Boobala

Click on this link, ..... , find your model and gitter done !! ..:thumbsup:

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/#id_briggs

H

hrdman2luv

I have a craftsman 42" with the 19.5 twin briggs & stratton i/c platinum . I am a little familiar with a regular style carb. with float, needle,jet . This mower will only start and run with choke fully on . It surges/fluctuates up and down . On other types of carbs. with these symptoms i could usually drop bowl clean jet and everything and usually be ok. I dont get this carb. setup.....i see no bowl to access jet or anything. Carb. sets flat on intake. i did replace diaphragm on front, cleaned tank,replaced fuel filter.Help!!!! Where do i begin

Also note. (because mine is the same carb on the same engine) Where the big screw (on the lower side that goes into the bowl) if there's rust around on the inside of this, be prepared to take this carb off at least 3 times during the mowing season and scrape the rust) Once the coating has worn off the inside, I don't think there's anyway to keep the rust from coming back. Over and over and over.. That is, without buying a new carb. And these carbs are expensive.